NQT Induction Programme 2019-2020
The Alliance for Learning, is an Appropriate Body for the professional induction of newly qualified teachers (NQTs). The appointment of an Appropriate Body is a statutory requirement for the induction period of NQTs and the Appropriate Body makes the final decision as to whether an NQT has met the Teacher Standards.
The Alliance for Learning offers a comprehensive induction package, which includes two highly acclaimed NQT conferences and membership of the Chartered College of Teaching for NQTs who commence employment during the academic year 2019-20. This package is designed to support schools in the induction process and enable all NQTs to be clearly assessed against the Teacher Standards.
It is the responsibility of schools to ensure that they commit appropriate resources to the induction of newly qualified teachers. It is the responsibility of the Appropriate Body to ensure quality of this induction provision. As the Appropriate Body, our service includes the administration, quality assurance, supporting and monitoring of NQTs. We also specific SLE support to any NQTs who need some extra subject support.
£355.00 per person (which includes two NQT Conferences and full membership of the Chartered College of Teaching)
What does the package include?
- Registration and monitoring the progress of NQTs and reporting to the Teacher Regulation Agency
- Making decisions on the outcome of statutory induction for NQTs
- Giving advice where NQTs are at risk of failure and advising on appropriate support packages for the NQT
- Providing advice and guidance on the induction of NQTs
- Quality assurance of assessment forms, against the Teacher Standards
- Phone/email support for NQT Induction Tutors
- Access to up-to-date guidance documents
- Twilight Mentor Training – 10 September 2019, 4.00pm – 5.30pm
- NQT induction session – 16 September 2019, 4.00pm – 5.30pm
- A school visit when appropriate
- Access to two full-day NQT training conferences, held on 22 November 2019 & 23 April 2020
Jason Bangbala, a leading Educational Consultant will be delivering a session on “Supporting Behaviour Management” on 22 November 2019
Delegates will also have the tools and strategies to support pupils to have a ‘can do’ attitude to learning where they are independent, resilient,take risks and have a growth mindset.The heart of the session focuses on giving delegates the confidence and skills to tackle behaviour themselves and not pass the buck. It also gives them an opportunity to reflect on their own behaviour with a view to them ensuring that they are motivating pupils to have a positive attitude to learning.
Previous comments about the courses
- For Autumn last year our fixed term exclusions were 17. After your training our fixed term exclusions for this Autumn term have dramatically dropped to 2. Thank you so much.
- “9 months ago at a Future Leaders weekend I had a professional Development experience which altered the way I viewed my job as a headteacher. Today I was challenged in a way that was even more significant than that experience. Your session has changed my understanding of what the role of the headteacher is”
- “A wonderful, inspirational speaker and very funny. Held the attention of 100 Headteachers throughout the day and kept us all laughing. Most of all gave us real insights and strategies to take away with us and share with our colleagues”
- “This was the best course the Football Premier League have put on. Ever”
- “Very refreshing to have something which relates to any age child and any level of behaviour”
“Above and beyond expectations. Absolutely brilliant. Very informative and specific to the content. His energy and enthusiasm was unbelievable- he was very engaging”
- ” Excellent. This is a must for every teacher. All schools need a day with Jason”
- “One of the best speakers I have heard in my 31 years of teaching. Well done and thank you for a most instructive and interesting day”
Read more about Jason Bangbala here.
For further information and registration forms please visit the links below:
NQT Service Level Agreement – Download, sign and return to register for this service.
NQT Registration Form 2019/20 – Use this form to register NQTs with the Alliance for Learning.
NQT Induction Form During – Use this form to report NQT induction during an NQTs first or second term. This can also be used for interim assessments.
NQT Induction Form Final– Use this form for the final assessment of the NQT.
Statutory Guidelines for NQT Assessment – Last updated by the DfE April 2018
The Teachers Standards
NQT Evidence File – Use this document to help support your evidence of meeting the standards.