Outdoor Maths in Primary Schools
This is a practical course aimed to support primary teachers at KS1 and KS2 to embed outdoor approaches into their ongoing maths work.
This course aims to:
- Explore the school grounds and local area as a rich context for developing maths skills, knowledge and understanding, regardless of whether you have a concrete jungle or natural oasis
- Integrate the use of the outdoors into your approach to maths, be this maths mastery, a specific scheme or system you have developed within your own school
- Consider the practical aspects of teaching maths outside including:
- How to easily plan outdoor elements of your maths provision
- The use of low cost or free materials
- How to support children who have a broad range of needs and abilities
At least 50% of this course takes place outside. You need to come with suitable clothing and footwear for the weather and season.
Audience : Primary teachers, teaching assistants, curriculum leads
Date : 25 June 2021
Time : 9.00am – 4.00pm
Venue : Wellfield Nursery and Infant School, 50 Dumber Lane, Sale, M33 5QX
Cost : £200 per person
Facilitated by : Juliet Robertson of Creative STAR Learning
Juliet is one of Scotland’s leading education consultants who specialises in outdoor learning and play. She works at a national level delivering training, giving keynote speeches, leading and supporting innovative outdoor projects and writing content for websites, documents and case studies. She is passionate about enabling schools, play organisations and early years settings to provide quality outdoor learning and play opportunities for children and young people.