Preparing for Literacy in the Early Years
Based upon the EEF guidance report and the most up to the moment evidence, this three day training programme will enable you to make confident decisions about how to implement strategies to prepare for Literacy in the Early Years. Delegates will understand the most recent evidence about how to support children to develop communication, language and literacy in the early years. They will have the opportunity to review, rethink and plan for sustainable change in order to improve standards in communication language and literacy in the early years and will understand the features of effective implementation and change.
Over the 3 day programme, delegates will consider:
- The early intervention argument. -Why this matters
- Exploring the Preparing for Literacy Guidance report
- Introduction the process of leading evidence informed change in schools and settings
- Looking more closely – deep diving into the Recommendations
- Preparing to explore – considering what questions we need to ask and how we might find out the answers.
Audience : The programme is suitable for headteachers, senior leaders, heads of EYFS, middle leaders and classroom teachers from nursery and primary schools. All delegates must to attend three days.
Dates : 27 February, 19 May and 17 June 2020
Times : 9.30am – 3.30pm
Venue : Alexandra Park Primary School SK3 9RF
Cost : £295 including lunch & refreshments
Facilitated by : Megan Dixon, Co-Director of the Aspirer Research School and Director of English for the Aspire Educational Trust. Supported by Sarah Cresswell who is EYFS lead for Alexandra Park Primary School and an ELE (Evidence Lead in Education)
TO BOOK : To book your place please email Rachel Swann at Aspirer via firstname.lastname@example.org