Aspiring Leaders Programme
The Aspiring Leaders programme is for teachers with the potential to lead in the future and teachers currently in the early stages of their career. Ideal for those with aspirations to become middle leaders and senior leaders in the future. To be eligible participants must have:
- At least 2 years’ teaching experience.
- Shown excellence in their teaching.
- Specific personal qualities that show potential for leadership.
This programme is aimed at aspirant middle leaders and teachers ready to take on responsibilities in line with their career expectations.
- Providing you with the opportunity to explore and consider leadership styles and develop your own leadership skills
- Focusing on the role of the subject leader or TLR post holder and how to lead a subject/area effectively
- Promoting collaboration and peer to peer learning
- Encouraging you to be innovative practitioners using research and evidence informed practice in the classroom
- Developing skills to enhance your own and other’s teaching and learning
The cost for all three session is £500 per person and will be facilitated by Janice Allen, Headteacher at Falinge Park High School and Jo Lindon, Headteacher at Pikes Lane Primary School.
|Session 1||Session 2||Session 3|
|The Role of the middle leader||Leading a subject or whole school theme||The leadership ladder|
|Date: 7 November 2019
Time: 9.00am – 12.30pm
Venue: Falinge Park High School, Falinge Road, Rochdale, OL12 6LD
|Date: 13 January 2020
Time: 9.00am –12.30pm
Venue: Pikes Lane Primary School, Gibraltar Street, Bolton, BL3 5HU
|Date: 13 March 2020
Time: 1.30pm – 4.30pm
Venue: Altrincham Grammar School for Girls, Cavendish Road, Bowdon, Altrincham, WA14 2NL