Coaching Phase 1 – Foundation
A programme for those who are seeking to develop their expertise and experience in coaching within a small group environment.
Coaching is one of the key ways to promote better levels of organisational effectiveness within schools. It can increase confidence, motivate staff and develop core leadership skills. It is open to all staff working within an educational establishment.
Dates : 18, 19 October & 1 December 2017
Times : 9.00am – 4.00pm
Venue: Manchester Creative & Media Academy, M9 7SS
£550.00 per person
All educational staff.
The programme runs over three full day sessions. It is delivered by an external consultant, Dr Paul Simmons, a leading coaching practitioner and facilitator.
This course forms part of our coaching pathway – a trilogy of courses that can be accessed in the following order:
Phase 1 – Foundation Coaching
Phase 2 – Coaching in Context
Phase 3 – Higher Level Coaching
Part 1 focuses on specific outcomes in terms of your skills, knowledge and understanding:
- being able to work with a range of Coaching styles and approaches for different purposes
- understanding the place of emotional intelligence in the human interactions and processes of the workplace
- being able to improve such processes
- being able to help with the performance, learning and development of others
- being able to apply highly-developed skills of listening, attending, enabling and challenging
- developing professional reflection, learning and enquiry
What does it involve?
The coaching training involves individual, partner and group working on coaching theory and models. Participants are offered guided and structured coaching skills development in small groups and are given first-hand experience of working with a coach. Opportunities are provided for developing observation and feedback skills, and reflective practice is encouraged.