Coaching Phase 1 – Foundation
A programme for those who are new to coaching or have limited experience of coaching and wish to develop a range of coaching styles in a small group environment.
Coaching is one of the key ways to promote better levels of organisational effectiveness within schools. It can increase confidence, motivate staff and develop core leadership skills. It is open to all staff working within an educational establishment.
Dates : 24 May, 25 May & 20 June 2017
Times : 9.00am – 4.00pm
Venue: Oasis Academy, Hollins Road, Oldham, OL8 4JZ
£550.00 per person
All educational staff.
The programme runs over three full day sessions. It is delivered by an external consultant, Dr Paul Simmons, a leading coaching practitioner and facilitator.
This course forms part of our coaching pathway – a trilogy of courses that can be accessed in the following order:
Phase 1 – Foundation Coaching
Phase 2 – Coaching in Context
Phase 3 – Higher Level Coaching
The core aims of the programme are to:
- work with a range of coaching styles and approaches for different purposes
- understand the place of emotional intelligence in the human interactions of the workplace
- develop the skills to improve such processes
- help with the performance, learning and development of others
- apply highly developed skills of listening, attending, enabling and challenging
What does it involve?
The coaching training involves individual, partner and group working on coaching theory and models. Participants are offered guided and structured coaching skills development in small groups and are given first-hand experience of working with a coach. Opportunities are provided for developing observation and feedback skills, and reflective practice is encouraged.