This programme is open to senior leaders, inclusive of support/non-teaching staff with senior responsibilities and aims to provide an opportunity to collaborate with another school, in order to develop essential leadership skills.
The programme runs from January to July and over that time, participants will have an opportunity to reflect upon their strengths as a leader and areas for development. The programme involves a 360 self-evaluation, coaching sessions, leadership training, completion of a reflective journal and a 3-5 day residency during the summer term.
The core aims are to:
- have an opportunity to experience day to day life in another senior leadership team in a different type of school and broaden your experience
- benefit from the experience and expertise of a different Headteacher and provide a new perspective
- explore what is meant by effective leadership
- understand the purpose of the residency and reflect upon the residency on completion
- understand how to use your leadership capability in a new and different context
- reflect on key leadership behaviours of highly effective leaders, both those leading teaching staff and support/non-teaching staff
- develop your leadership expertise and practise skills through undertaking a strategic leadership task within the placement school
Audience : Senior leaders, inclusive of support/non-teaching staff with senior responsibilities
Date : Wednesday 21st April and Wednesday 7th July 2021
Time : 9:30am – 12:30pm
Venue : Altrincham Grammar School for Girls, Cavendish Road, Bowdon, Altrincham, WA14 2NL
Cost : Free to schools who are members of the Alliance for Learning / £1000 to other schools
Facilitated by : Lisa Fathers