What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is a way of paying attention – of being deeply attuned to yourself, your environment and those around you from moment to moment. It is a natural state of mind – focused, present and aware.
What is a Mindful Leader?
A mindful leader embodies leadership presence by developing attention, clarity, creativity, and compassion. Leading people is one of the most challenging roles we undertake. Coupled with the pace and interconnectedness of modern life, it is easy to be distracted from leading with excellence. Have you noticed the habitual reaction of the mind to react, rather than respond to situations? Felt the mind appear to close down under stress? Experienced the dynamics of difficult conversations? Or the overwhelming effects of too much to do? If so, mindfulness may be helpful for you.
Research highlights that that the brain’s plasticity and the neural integration that mindfulness training brings can have positive effects on our sense of wellbeing and in turn our aptitude to lead effective teams.
“Opportunities for leadership are all around us. The capacity for leadership is deep within us.” Madeleine Albright
Training Dates & Times
Dates : 6 July 2018
Time : 10.00am – 4.00pm
Venue : Altrincham Grammar School for Girls
£300.00 per person
The core aims of the programme are to:
- Build your resilience to cope with work or personal demands
- Achieve improved concentration, focus and creativity
- Respond more wisely to difficult situations
- To enhance the capacity for self-awareness
- Select and use mindfulness techniques that will work for you
- To understand more about mindfulness and its benefits for pupils and staff
- Experience greater wellbeing and personal fulfilment