Adult MHFA – one day
Healthy people are happier, more engaged and more productive. Employers across the UK are acting now to support the wellbeing of their people and create mentally healthy businesses.
Stress, anxiety and depression are the biggest cause of sickness absence in our society. Mental ill health is responsible for 91 million working days lost every year.
Mental ill health costs UK employers an estimated Â£34.9 billion each year –the equivalent of £1,300 for every employee in the UK workforce. Broken down, that’s £10.6 billion in sickness absence, £21.2 billion in reduced productivity, and £3.1 billion in replacing staff who leave their jobs for mental health-related reasons.
Simple steps to improve the management of mental health in the workplace will allow employers to save 30% or more of these costs – at least £10 billion a year. This is where we can help.
Our one day mental health awareness and skills course qualifies you as an Adult MHFA Champion.
MHFA Champions have:
- An understanding of common mental health issues
- Knowledge and confidence to advocate for mental health awareness
- Ability to spot signs of mental ill health
- Skills to support positive wellbeing
Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities. We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
- A certificate of attendance to say you are an MHFA Champion
Training Dates & Times (2019/2020)
Dates: 9 January 2020
Time: 9.00am – 5.00pm
Venue: Altrincham Grammar School for Girls, WA14 2NL
£200.00 per person