Covid 19 – Your essential guide to supporting student’s mental health
This comprehensive course (delivered online via Zoom over 2 x half days) will equip staff with the skills and knowledge to support student’s mental health through these difficult times.
It is backed up by tried and tested research and evidence-based trauma therapy but will give you very practical and hands-on tools and techniques to be able to put into practice immediately.
By the end of the training you will:
- Understand how the current pandemic is impacting on children and young people’s mental health
- Know how stress and anxiety impact on the physiological and emotional health of our students and ourselves
- Be confident in how to talk to student’s about difficult or emotional issues
- Understand how transitions may impact on our students and how we can help them settle back into school
- Immediately be able to use a variety of effective tools and techniques one to one or with groups
Audience: Any staff who work with children and young people. This course also benefits adults who are parents
Date: 2 x half day sessions on 5th and 7th October 2020
Time: 9.00am – 12.00pm on both days
Venue: ONLINE via Zoom
Facilitated by: Lisa Wisher