Covid 19 – Your essential guide to supporting student’s mental health
This comprehensive course will equip staff with the skills and knowledge to support student’s mental health through these difficult times.
It is backed up by tried and tested research and evidence-based trauma therapy but will give you very practical and hands-on tools and techniques to be able to put into practice immediately.
By the end of the training you will:
- Understand how the current pandemic is impacting on children and young people’s mental health
- Know how stress and anxiety impact on the physiological and emotional health of our students and ourselves
- Be confident in how to talk to student’s about difficult or emotional issues
- Understand how transitions may impact on our students and how we can help them settle back into school
- Immediately be able to use a variety of effective tools and techniques one to one or with groups
Audience: Any staff who work with children and young people. This course also benefits adults who are parents
Date: 5th October 2020
Time: 9.00am – 4.00pm
Venue: Altrincham Grammar School for Girls, Cavendish Road, Bowdon, Altrincham, WA14 2NL
Facilitated by: Lisa Wisher