Helping children and young people manage anxiety
Anxiety is the most common mental health issue with children and young people. This has been exacerbated with the current pandemic, with many more children feeling anxiety and those who already experienced it, finding their symptoms increasing. Our children’s return to school is very likely going to present many of these issues in the classroom.
Help prepare yourselves to help your students. This is a very practical hands on course that you will immediately be able to put into practice. Filled with activities and techniques that you can use with both individuals and groups of students.
By the end of the course you will be able to;
- Have an understanding of the physiological effects of anxiety on our physical health, our emotions and importantly for our children and young people, how it impacts on their behaviour
- Use grounding techniques to ease anxiety overwhelm
- Effectively Talk to students about emotions and feelings
- Discuss specific anxiety around Covid-19
- Use creative and imaginative ways of helping our students understand their anxiety and how to help themselves
Date options : 17 November 2020
Time : 9.30am – 11.30am
Venue : ONLINE VIA ZOOM
Cost : £40
Facilitated by : Lisa Wisher