Advanced Safeguarding Workshop for Designated Safeguarding Leads
Safeguarding and child protection is always evolving and government guidance seems to impose continual change and challenge.
Specialist Safeguarding Consultant, Andrew Hall explains how his ‘Advanced Safeguarding Workshop for Designated Leads’ helps school develop outstanding safeguarding to keep all children and young people safe from harm.
This Advanced Safeguarding workshop is an ideal opportunity to find out about the latest guidance, collaborate with colleagues and identify priorities for action.
This workshop is suitable for Headteachers and Deputy Heads, Designated Safeguarding Leads, Safeguarding Team Members, Learning Mentors and Family Liaison Workers.
- Understanding of the signs and symptoms of child abuse
- including a deeper understanding of neglect
- The latest additional safeguarding concerns, including:
- Female Genital Mutilation
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- Tackling extremism
- Strategies to raise awareness in staff
- The legislative framework and statutory compliance
- Understanding safeguarding risks
- Thinking the Unthinkable
- Learning the lessons from Serious Case Reviews
- Creating best practice systems and procedures
- Key elements of a professional code of conduct
- The role of the Designated Safeguarding Lead
Audience : Headteachers and Deputy Heads, Designated Safeguarding Leads, Safeguarding Team Members, Learning Mentors and Family Liaison Workers
Date : 31 January 2020
Time : 10.00am – 4.00pm
Venue : Altrincham Grammar School for Girls, Cavendish Road, Bowdon, Altrincham, WA14 2NL
Cost : £195
Facilitated by : Andrew Hall