Massage in Schools
The Massage in Schools Programme (MISP) is an international movement which works with the schools, teachers and children to offer a high quality, inclusive, peer-to-peer massage programme for 4-12 year olds that can be used creatively within all curriculum areas.
MISP supports positive mental health and wellbeing, PSHE, SMSC, SRE, British Values and Prevent.
How it works
- A fun, daily, 10-15 minute adult-led peer massage routine
- Massage is given only by children, to other children
- Massage is given over clothe and only to the back, neck, head, arms and hands
- Received and given only with the child’s permission
- MISP is an inclusive programme for children aged 4-12
- MISP encourages learning through positive touch games and activities and by creating massage stories
- MISP is suitable as a classroom activity or in other child-centered environments, like after school clubs
Benefits for children, teachers and their schools
- Creates a safe and happy learning environment
- Helps develop concentration and memory
- Fosters physical development through creative, kinesthetic motor skills
- Develops respect for others and increases social inclusion and empathy
- Enables children to distinguish between appropriate and inappropriate touch
- Has resulted in a significant reduction in bullying and aggression
- An inclusive activity enjoyed by children that engages with the diverse needs of all pupils
- Enhances a school’s mission statement and ethos
Training Dates & Times
This course is now full. We will release dates the academic year of 2019/2020 in April 2019 so please do check back for more information.
£300.00 per person