Youth Mental Health First Aid Lite
Youth Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Lite is an introductory course designed to raise awareness of young people’s mental health and the issues that can affect this age group. The training can be attended by anyone from 16 upwards and is relevant for people who teach, work, live with and care for 8 to 18 year olds, including young people themselves.
Youth MHFA Lite is not intended to replace our two day Youth MHFA training course but is a good introduction to those interested in young people’s mental health.
Each and every Youth MHFA Lite course is delivered by a quality assured instructor, who has attended the seven day instructor training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health to deliver our two day Youth MHFA course.
Training Dates & Times
Date : tbc
Time : tbc
Venue : Altrincham Grammar School for Girls
£75.00 per person
The core aims of the programme are to:
- Gain a wider understanding of some issues surrounding young people’s mental health
- Interact more effectively with young people who are experiencing mental health issues
- Get an insight into the full two day Youth MHFA course and the benefits of becoming a Youth Mental Health First Aider
What does it involve?
The course will:
- Explore the issues around young people’s mental health and how to relate to them
- Help you to support young people who may be experiencing mental health issues
Research and evaluation also shows that taking part in an MHFA course:
- Raises awareness and mental health literacy
- Reduces stigma around mental ill health
- Boosts knowledge and confidence in dealing with mental health issues
- Promotes early intervention which enables recovery
The sessions will be a mix of presentation, group discussions and group work activities. Our instructors provide a very safe learning environment and are trained to support you throughout the whole course.
You’ll receive a MHFA Standard manual that you can take away with you at the end of the course and also an attendance certificate from MHFA England to say you are now Mental Health First Aider.