NQT Induction Programme
Altrincham Grammar School for Girls, the lead school of the Alliance for Learning, is an Appropriate Body for the professional induction of newly qualified teachers (NQTs).
The appointment of an Appropriate Body is a statutory requirement for the induction period of NQTs and the Appropriate Body makes the final decision as to whether an NQT has met the Teachers’ Standards on the recommendation of the Headteacher.
The Alliance for Learning offers a comprehensive induction package, which includes two highly acclaimed NQT conferences, for all schools with NQTs who commence employment during the academic year 2016-17. This package is designed to support schools in the induction process and enable all NQTs to be clearly assessed against the Teachers’ Standards.
It is the responsibility of schools to ensure that they commit appropriate resources to the induction of newly qualified teachers. It is the responsibility of the Appropriate Body to ensure quality of this induction provision. As the Appropriate Body our service includes the administration, quality assurance and supporting & monitoring of NQTs.
£350.00 per person (which includes two NQT Conferences)
What does the package include?
- Registration and monitoring the progress of NQTs and reporting to the National College for Teaching and Learning
- Making decisions on the outcome of statutory induction for NQTs
- Giving advice where NQTs are at risk of failure and advising on appropriate support packages for the NQT
- Providing advice and guidance on the induction of NQTs
- Quality assurance of assessment forms, against the Teacher’s Standards
- Phone/email support for NQT Induction Tutors
- Access to up-to-date guidance documents
- Twilight induction training session for tutors – 22nd September, 2016
- An NQT induction session – 28th September 2016
- A school visit when appropriate
- Access to two full-day NQT training conferences, held on 15th November 2016 & 14th June 2017
Examples of our NQT Conference itineraries can be found below:
For further information and registration forms please do visit the links below:
NQT Service Level Agreement(2016) – Download, sign and return to register for this service.
NQT Registration Form 2015 – Use this form to register NQTs with the Alliance for Learning.
NQT Induction Form During – Use this form to report NQT induction during an NQTs first or second term. This can also be used for interim assessments.
NQT Induction Form Final– Use this form for the final assessment of the NQT.
Statutory Guidelines for NQT Assessment – Last updated by the DfE December 2013.
The Teachers Standards
NQT Evidence File – Use this document to help support your evidence of meeting the standards.