Developing Your Classroom Presence
Do you have classroom presence? Classroom presence is the most important aspect of classroom management.
This FREE 2 hour session for trainee teachers and NQTs looks at how a presence in the classroom is a crucial quality that helps you project confidence and inspire others to feel confident in your ability to teach.
This course looks at the professional characteristics of a ‘good’ teacher and how to identify and ‘take on’ that role. Effective teachers know how to ‘play the part’ but to some this may appear unattainable. Recognising that presence is a key factor in the day to day success in the classroom and that not all of us are naturally aware of how to create it, this is not a course full of role play but practical, hands on guidance and advice that will provide the tools to become a more confident and effective classroom manager and teacher.
Outcomes for Delegates:
- To develop confidence and presence in the classroom in order to improve Teaching and Learning.
- To understand that we are all ‘actors’ in the classroom.
- To identify that classroom presence can be taught in order to improve T and L through effective classroom management.
- To identify what makes good and effective communications and presentation skills; working with the voice and body to ‘give off’ the right message.
- To have the opportunity to discuss and devise a portfolio of classroom management strategies
Date : 7th OR 9th July 2020
Time : 10.00am – 12.00pm
Venue : Online via Zoom