Early Years Conference
The Alliance for Learning presents……
“Making a Difference in Early Years: Effective Strategies and Philosophies”
Join us for an exciting and informative day with international, national and local Early Years experts.
- Helen Moylett – We can do it! Self-regulation and the Characteristics of Effective Learning
- Using the EYFS Characteristics of Effective Learning to improve children’s emotional and cognitive self-regulation
- Developing great learners in nursery and reception who are ready and willing for the challenges ahead
Jayne Carter – “I like solving problems – it makes me feel like a superhero!” – Supporting Children to Develop Key Maths Skills and Attitudes in the Early Years.
- Developing a positive maths identity in the Early Years
- Developing effective adult-child interactions to support and challenge early mathematicians
- What do we mean by critical thinking in maths teaching and learning?
Sayeh Mariner – Raising the Achievement of Boys in the Early Years
- Closing the gender gap by improving boys’ skills in language, writing and mathematics
- Using knowledge of boys’ childhood development to maximise their engagement in the learning process
- Strategies that will ensure an effective transition into Y1 and support raising outcomes for boys.
Training Dates & Times
Date: 16th January 2019
Time: 9.00am – 3.00pm
Venue: Altrincham Grammar School for Girls
Early Bird Rates before 30th November – £50. £60 after that date (£20% discount for Alliance for Learning Partners)
How to book…
To book a place please email CSorensen@aggs.bfet.uk (Tel 0161 912 5912) or click link below: