Outstanding Teacher Programme (OTP)
The OTP provides teachers rated as ‘good’ with a set of skills and strategies that enable them to become consistently and sustainably outstanding. It is open to teachers with the potential and drive to deliver consistently outstanding lessons.
3rd October 2016
17th October 2016
2nd November 2016
7th November 2016
21st November 2016
28th November 2016 (9.00am – 4.00pm)
5th December 2016
19th December 2016
Time: 9.00am – 12.30pm unless stated
Venue: Altrincham Grammar School for Girls
Teachers in mainstream primary and secondary schools.
The programme runs over one term. It is delivered through face-to-face taught sessions, classroom observations within the host school and in-school practice sessions at the participant’s school.
The core aims of the programme are to:
- develop a common language to discuss teaching and learning
- deepen understanding of key aspects of outstanding teaching and learning
- raise performance in the classroom, by encouraging creativity and developing more innovative practice
- encourage the teacher to become a more reflective practitioner
- develop coaching skills to develop the practice of others.
What does it involve?
The initial stage of the programme poses the question ‘what makes an outstanding teacher?’ Each session then has a different teaching and learning focus including engagement, challenge, assessment, questioning, reflection and thinking skills.
Participants will be expected to complete post-session tasks back in their own school, to consolidate ideas from each session and apply them to their own context.
Four Trafford teaching schools are also offering this programme. Click here to see more information