Providing Effective Remote Pastoral Care
Pastoral support continues to be at the front of our minds during this period of social distancing, and distance learning.
This FREE 2 hour session shares top tips and guidance on the new approaches you can take to support your students at a distance.
This session will explore ways to effectively communicate and ‘check in’ with our students well being from afar. We will examine how this approach on phone/text/email/face to face needs to be carefully planned and consistent in its approach and execution. As educators we are all experienced communicators and build relationships with our learners, but how do we make the shift away from face to face and encourage some of our most disengaged young people? How do we develop our coaching and listening skills to make effective outcomes for students from afar?
- To explore the culture change of coaching face to face with telephone/text/email conversations
- To become more confident with telephone coaching
- To create a template for a student support session that allows us to build up trust and rapport whilst not in the same room
- To experience coaching and being coached
- To create a shared ‘toolkit’ to develop our distance student coaching outcomes
Date : 15 July 2020
Time : 10.00am – 11.00am
Venue : Online via Zoom