MEI’s nationally recognised Teaching Advanced Mathematics (TAM) course, which has been working with teachers of A level Mathematics since 2004, will again be offered in various locations around the country in 2017-18. This 8-day DfE-funded course is designed to support teachers who are teaching A level for the first time. The course aims to help teachers develop their A level mathematics subject knowledge and pedagogy.
Costing just £600 the course includes:
* eight course days hosted at one of ten venues focussed on A level Mathematics subject knowledge and pedagogy;
* two developmental lesson observations conducted by subject specialists;
* two years’ access to MEI’s ‘Integral’ online resources and unlimited email support from MEI;
* access to live and recorded online sessions;
* the opportunity to gain Masters level credits when studying the ‘TAM with Masters course’ at one of three university partner institutions;
* £900 bursary (or £1200 for ‘TAM with Masters’ courses) to participating schools on completion of the course in recognition of the support provided to participants.
Applications are now open and the application form can be found at mei.org.uk/tam along with further information and frequently asked questions.
Attached to this email is a flyer which gives details of the North East TAM course. If you have any other queries then the CPD administration team (email@example.com ) will be happy to help.