Do you ever find yourself caught up in cycles of stress, anxiety or negative thinking?
Does life ever feel overwhelming, or a struggle?
Imagine if you had the tools to align with your authentic self, untangle yourself from unhelpful thoughts and emotions and connect with a deep sense of purpose, meaning and passion for life.
In recent years there has been an explosion of interest in Mindfulness with widespread media coverage, bestselling books and a remarkable uptake of online resources.
Mindfulness is a mental state achieved by focusing one’s awareness on the present moment, while calmly acknowledging and accepting feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations. By being fully present in this way, not forcing things or hiding from them, but actually being with them – we create space to respond in new ways to situations and make informed choices. We may not always have full control over our lives, but with Mindfulness we can work with our minds and bodies, learning how to live with more appreciation and less anxiety.
Mindfulness meditation has been proven to help people:
- Reduction in stress, burnout and anxiety, including a reduction in days off work and feelings of task and time pressure; improved ability to manage thoughts and behaviour; an increase in coping skills, motivation, planning and problem solving, and taking more time to relax.
- Better mental health including less distress, negative emotion, depression and anxiety.
- Greater wellbeing, including life satisfaction, self-confidence, self-efficacy, self-compassion and sense of personal growth.
- Increased kindness and compassion to others, including greater empathy, tolerance, forgiveness and patience, and less anger and hostility.
- Better physical health, including lower blood pressure, declines in cortisol (a stress hormone) and fewer reported physical health problems.
- Increased cognitive performance, including the ability to pay attention and focus, make decisions, creativity, reaction speeds and respond flexibly to challenges.
- Enhanced job performance, including better classroom management and organisation, greater ability to prioritise, to see the whole picture, to be more self-motivated and autonomous, to show greater attunement to students needs, and achieve more supportive relationships with them.
Courses on offer……..
The Alliance for Learning run several Mindfulness courses to suit a variety of needs and settings.
Mindfulness Taster (a FREE session running next week on Tues 12th March)