Primary TfM Focused Issue: Lesson Design – Intervention in a Mastery context
This project supports participants in considering different models of intervention in a mastery context to ensure that mathematics teaching has maximum impact for all children. Participant teachers and leaders will further their understanding of teaching for mastery by using case studies to inform their practice. Schools will trial a model of their choice and will document their observations to share with others.
- Deepen their understanding of Intervention in Teaching for Mastery context
- Work collectively with other teachers to implement and evaluate a chosen intervention model
- Plan, deliver and evaluate a model of Intervention which promotes a ‘keep up’ approach
- Review the impact of their current practice and be open and flexible to making organisational and attitudinal changes to existing models. By participating in this project, they may change policy and practice to intervention in their schools.
- Although there may be circumstances where ‘catch up’ programmes are still necessary, the vast majority of the pupils will access whole class teaching due to swift and timely interventions in order to keep up, when needed.
The commitment time-wise is for three workshops and a half day school visit during 2020.
This opportunity is only open to colleagues who have already taken part in the Teaching for Mastery programme as part of a Teacher Research group.
Training Dates & Times
Closing date for applications is Friday 20th December 2019.