Teaching GCSE Maths (TGM)
Mathematics in Education and Industry (MEI) is a membership organisation and a charity which since the 1960s has worked to support mathematics teaching and learning. The NW1 Maths Hub are pleased to announce that MEI are running a year long course focusing on mathematics subject knowledge and classroom practice to enable non-specialists to teach KS4 mathematics effectively.
Training Dates and Times
Dates: New dates for 2017/2018 will be issued soon. Please do contact us if you would like to express an interest in this course.
Times: 9.00am – 3.00pm
Venue: Altrincham Grammar School for Girls
£500.00 per person
- Five course days spread across the academic year where participants work together on aspects of mathematics.
- Regular live online sessions with an expert tutor giving inspirational ideas for teaching mathematics and improving the mathematical thinking skills of students.
- Two years’ access to teaching and learning resources specifically created to support participants in their classrooms
- Deepen their understanding of the big ideas in mathematics
- Gain an understanding of the principles of effective pedagogy in mathematics teaching
- Apply these principles in the classroom with practical strategies and resources
- Gain a deep understanding of the content of KS4 mathematics up to, and including, higher tier GCSE