Race & Diversity CPD
The Chartered College Webinar Present ﬁndings from a scoping review on the links between Multilingualism in the family and child well-being by: Dr. Lisa-Maria Muller Education Research Manager, Chartered College of Teaching Bavaani Nanthabalan Executive Headteacher, Netley Primary School Dr. Marcelo Staricoff Author, Director and Consultant, JONK Thinking and Learning. Click here to book
Let’s Talk About Race – 8 July 2020
A FREE online training session facilitated by Vini Lander, Professor of Race and Education at Leeds Beckett University in partnership with the Alliance for Learning.
This session will
- Develop participants knowledge and understanding about race and racism
- Support participants’ identification of their own starting points with respect to race and racism
- Develop participants to move from their identified starting points
- Support participants to identify actions to establish more inclusive institutional processes.
- Develop participants’ understanding of white privilege and how it manifests itself.
- Support participants to identify actions to decolonise the curriculum
- Starting points
- The Context: terminology and statistics
- Brief history of race in Britain
- Some theory
- Some research
- Why do we need change?
- Action and change
- Questions and discussion
Date : 8 July 2020
Time : 10.00am – 12.00pm
Via : Zoom
Speaker Biography – please click here to read more about Vini and her work.