Head2Head Support Programme
HEAD2HEAD connecting serving Headteachers at this challenging time
We offer lots of wellbeing support. Whether you want mental health or wellbeing CPD, counselling or supervision we have it all here for you.
However, what our Headteachers are finding most useful is actually talking to each other, sometimes you have to be truly immersed in it to understand the pressures and ‘peer to peer’ support has never been so important. Never before has the job been like this! We recognise that the role of Headteacher/Principal & Deputy Head/VP is very unique and challenging at the moment and that speaking to others in the same position to off load, work through things or simply just to #connect is so helpful. As a Teaching School we feel it is our moral duty to bring people together, to join the system. Many of our Headteachers will have a colleague they can talk to but many won’t. Equally we recognise that matching up Headteachers in similar contexts and perhaps talking to someone completely out of area and unconnected to you and your school can often be useful to.
Our staff have suddenly become ‘front line workers’ and as leaders the ongoing uncertainty, lack of planning and control coupled with no real ‘down time’ is utterly exhausting.
You are not alone, you never have been but at the Alliance for Learning we want to do more to help you.
We also recognise that Deputy Headteachers/VPS are also facing similar pressures, often leading the operational daily ‘Track and Trace’ and also covering for poorly Headteachers. We want to connect them too recognising that it is very much a team approach.
Who we are and why we are doing this
We are a north west Teaching School. We work with over 500 school and we know how to connect people, places and structure collaboration.
Our values of Integrity, Community and Passion mean that we strive to do the right thing and collaboration is genuinely at the heart of all our work. Together we know our thinking is always better, more diverse, more refined.
- Please click here to see our range of Mental Health CPD opportunities. We are giving all Headteachers a free place on our Headteacher Wellbeing & Mental Health course
- Headteacher Networking – Peer coaching – click here to read more and book your place
- If you wish to engage with useful wellbeing content and wish to see some brilliant resources shared by schools you might want to visit : www.well-school.org. If you want to network nationally with Headteachers who place wellbeing at the heart of school life https://www.well-school.org/g/headteachers
HEAD2HEAD is supported by the WELLSCHOOLS MOVEMENT
HEAD2HEAD SIGN UP
If you wish to be connected to another Headteacher or Vice Principal for an informal chat please click here to be directed to our Support Request Form
ADDITIONAL SUPPORT FROM BUPA
- Additional coaching support from business leaders: this allows you to have a 1-1 confidential conversation with an experienced BUPA leader to talk through any challenges. Please email@example.com you’re interested in this.
- BUPA Foundation Wellbeing for Educators programme: find out more and sign up here
- BUPA Foundation SLT guide to supporting staff wellbeing during Covid-19 – please click her to access
- BUPA Foundation Staff guide: supporting your wellbeing during Covid-19 please click her to access
We will follow our own GDPR policies which can be viewed here and of course will never share your details or use them for marketing purposes.
This initiative is supported by:
|Teacher Toolkit Ross McGill|
|Bright Futures Educational Trust|
|We Do Wellbeing|
|Alpha Wellbeing Associates|