Specialist Leaders of Education
If you are an experienced middle or senior leader who is interested in supporting leaders in other schools, you might want to apply to be a Specialist Leader of Education (SLE).
SLEs are outstanding middle and senior leaders who have the skills to support individuals or teams in similar positions in other schools. They understand what outstanding leadership practice in their area of expertise looks like and are skilled in helping other leaders to achieve it in their own context.
What is involved?
Typically, SLEs will work with middle and senior leaders to:
- Carry out diagnostic visits
- Develop action plans, identifying key priorities and SMART targets
- Provide one to one or group support
- Offer coaching and mentoring support
- Provide access to resources and training
The ultimate aim of SLEs will always be to contribute significantly to improving the outcomes for children through developing the capacity of peer leaders in other schools.
Could your school benefit from the support of an SLE?
We have a number of outstanding SLEs across a wide range of subjects. Please view our SLE Booklet for more details on our SLEs and their subject specialisms.
If your school requires the support of one of our SLEs please contact Lisa Fathers, Director of Teaching School & Partnerships on 0161 912 5912 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your precise needs.
What are the benefits?
The SLE role has a number of benefits, including:
- offering credible peer support rooted in current practice and drawing on real experience
- the sharing and development of outstanding, innovative practice
- a collaborative, coaching approach, which helps develop other leaders to ensure long-term, sustainable improvement
- a fresh perspective on specific challenges or issues, as well as specialist knowledge and expertise
- the opportunity for leaders to learn about different school contexts and systems
- contributing to continuing professional development (CPD), enhancing leaders’ knowledge, skills and abilities in a variety of ways
Apply to be an SLE
The school to school support work of the Alliance for Learning continues to grow and we are keen to designate more high calibre colleagues to join our group of fantastic SLEs!
|Event||Date / Time|
|Applications open||2 September 2019|
|Deadline for applications to be submitted||18 October 2019|
|Interviews||5 November 2019|
|Core training (compulsory)||4 December 2019|