How To Apply
We are looking for trainees who have the potential to become outstanding teachers. We welcome applications from well-qualified graduates, either fresh out of university or applicants looking for a career change, who are able to bring their experience to the world of education. The Greater Manchester Bright Futures SCITT is committed to a fair and equal application process.
Primary and Secondary
We are unable to take applications direct, applicants must use the UCAS system to apply at: http://www.ucas.com/apply/teacher-training
Look for UCAS Training Provider Codes:
- Primary SCITT – G65
- Secondary SCITT – G65
Please note, primary places fill up extremely quickly and we strongly recommend that you have your application ready to send out when UCAS opens at the end of October.
- The application form is your chance to demonstrate that you meet our minimum entry requirements. Beyond that, we would expect to see clear reasons why you wish to enter the teaching profession and your additional skills and experiences in your personal statement.
- You need to supply two references which should be academic and/or professional.
- If selected for interview you will be invited to a recruitment day at one of our Alliance schools.
- You will be required to take part in a short teaching activity, to demonstrate your ability to communicate with young people in clear spoken English.
- You will be asked to demonstrate your ability to communicate in well-written English.
- You will complete a subject knowledge audit to gauge your understanding of your subject area and plan for your training needs (secondary only).
- You will be interviewed by staff from the SCITT and Alliance schools and this will be your chance to demonstrate your communication skills, passion for, and knowledge of, your subject area.
- Successful candidates may be asked to complete an online, fully funded Subject Knowledge Enhancement course before training with us (secondary only).
- All successful candidates will be required to complete a disclosure and barring service check (DBS).