Early Years Teacher Status (EYTS)
WE ARE STILL RECRUITING FOR ALL OF OUR ITT PROGRAMMES DESPITE SCHOOL CLOSURES
This is an employment-based route for candidates who are currently employed in an Early Years setting.
- A level 6 degree or above.
- A grade C/4 GCSE (or equivalent) in English, Maths and Science.
- Employment in Early years (at least 15 hours per week).
Fees and Funding
- The government will pay tuition fees of £7,000 in full – no cost to the student or setting.
- Employers receive £7,000 to support the trainee during their training year, to cover trainee absences due to training and to cover time for a mentor to support the trainee. We will provide mentor training.
The Training Programme
- The training programme runs from the end of September to July and is based on trainees’ practice in their current setting.
- Trainees attend 16 training days across the year at our teaching school, based at Altrincham Grammar School for Girls.
- Trainees will have a mentor based at their setting (or we can appoint externally), who will meet and observe them once per week to set targets, and write 2 progress reports per term.
- An external assessor will visit trainees once per term.
- Trainees will spend 4 weeks over the year in a contrasting setting to ensure they have experience in all age ranges from 0 – 5 years. As part of this, all trainees must observe and lead teaching in a reception class for 2 weeks during their training year, and observe in KS1 and KS2. This can be in a block or spread over individual days across the year.
- Assessment is through observations of the trainees’ work and they will produce a portfolio of evidence that shows they are meeting and exceeding the Early Years Teachers’ Standards.
- You will undergo an observation, interview and written task in your setting.
Please use the Alliance for Learning SCITT application form EYTS Application
OR email email@example.com to request a form.