Secondary Education PGCE (with QTS)
You will experience at least two contrasting schools and receive extensive support and guidance from mentors, tutors and teachers throughout.
We are pleased to offer the following subjects:
- English – UCAS Course Code 2JYM
- Maths – UCAS Course Code 2JYN
- Physics – UCAS Course Code 2JYR
- Chemistry – UCAS Course Code 2JYQ
- Biology – UCAS Course Code 2JYP
- History – UCAS Course Code 2R9S
- Geography – UCAS Course Code 2R9T
- Computing – UCAS Course Code 3XXK
- Design Technology – UCAS Course Code H522
- Religious Studies and Citizenship – UCAS Course Code 3D8Q
Our Secondary ITT programme leads to Qualified Teacher Status and the award of PGCE from our Russell Group Partner, the University of Manchester and 60 Masters level credits. *
*The PGCE route is only open to applicants with a degree classification of 2.2 or higher. Please ask about the non PGCE route.
- A 2:2 honours degree with 50% content of the subject you wish to teach.
- GCSE English and maths at grade C/4
- Passing our suitability to teach assessments (DBS/prohibition checks)
- Satisfactory occupational health checks
For the PGCE element of this programme, you will attend 8 days of training at The University of Manchester and have full access to all facilities.
- Reflecting on Practice 15 credits
- Teaching, Learning and Assessment 15 credits
- Enquiry Based Practice 1 15 Credits
- Enquiry Based Practice 2 15 Credits
Fees for this route are £9,250.
Note: a small number of trainees choose to complete the programme without a PGCE. Fees for this route are £6,250.
Bursaries and scholarships
Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible for:
- Tax-free bursary or scholarship
- Tuition fee and Maintenance Loan
- Additional financial support if you are a parent or have a disability
Full details are available here at Get Into Teaching.
Tuition fee and maintenance loans are available through Student Finance England .
Please apply through UCAS at http://www.ucas.com/apply/teacher-training
Alliance for Learning UCAS Provider Codes: UCAS Provider Code G65
Early applications are recommended as places fill up quickly.
All applicants will be required to complete a disclosure and barring service check (DBS).
If you are interested in any of our programmes, we’d love to hear from you. Contact us at email@example.com