Researchers in Schools
Researchers in Schools offers PhD researchers a unique, fully salaried route into teaching tailored to their abilities, knowledge and experience. Through a bespoke programme blending classroom teaching and research opportunities, you’ll develop the skills to become a highly-effective classroom teacher, helping support pupils, regardless of background, to excel and progress to higher education.
The Bright Futures Educational Trust works in partnership with The Brilliant Club, a university access charity, to deliver the programme through its School Direct teacher training.
- Pursue a three-year training and professional development programme placing you directly into a school to develop your teaching practice on the job.
- Gain Qualified Teacher Status through a structured programme of observation and classroom teaching, with Bright Futures Educational Trust
- Undertake our Research Leader in Education Award, a professional qualification recognising excellence in research practice within schools.
- Access bespoke training, supporting you to develop strong leadership skills and work towards the programme’s mission.
- Receive one day per week off-timetable to pursue the programme’s wider aims: Deliver subject- and education-focused research and high-impact interventions in schools to boost attainment and promote university access.
For further details, see www.researchersinschools.org