Suicide Prevention CPD
Teaching the theory and practice of suicide intervention skills that can be applied in any professional or personal setting, captured in a CPD event accredited by City and Guilds of London. We use only the most experienced suicide prevention trainers to deliver this unique learning experience: for anyone who seeks greater understanding and confidence to intervene with people at risk of suicide.
- The impact and value of personal and professional experience with suicide
- Barriers that prevent people at risk seeking help
- Prevalence of suicide thoughts and suicide behaviours
- The Signs of Suicide and the Suicide-Safety Guide
- Partnership working and community resources
Methods of delivery:
Taught using tutor facilitated Socratic learning, tutor-led role-play, mini lectures, group work and audiovisual presentations. This is a highly interactive and emotionally engaging learning experience, and this experience is replicated via online training too.
– Suicide behaviour; reasons and magnitude of the community health problem.
– Role of the carer in managing suicide interventions; different roles with different people
– Understand approaches and process of suicide intervention including desired outcomes
– Understand the importance of self-reflection and personal impact when working with suicide and people at risk
No previous experience or training is necessary. Participants will be asked to self- reflect and empathise with a person having thoughts of suicide.
Who should attend?
Multi-sector practitioners including health, housing, social care, education, criminal justice, call centre operators, private, voluntary and public sector workers and community members.
Participants will gain 6 QCF credit points at Level 4 by completing a workbook of tasks that are assessed against the set learning outcomes. This is only available on the full day training. NB: If this is of interest, please contact our Teaching School Manager Claire Crtichley at email@example.com
Date & Time Option : 25 May 2021 (1.00-5.00pm)
Venue: Online, training delivered via Zoom
Cost: £88 per person
Facilitator: Julie Castleman – Counsellor MBACP Accred., MHFA National Trainer, MHFA England CIC Associate, Mental Health First Aid England CIC, SFA: Suicide First Aid Approved Tutor & Associate, National Centre for Suicide Prevention Education & Training CIC