Mindfulness for Teachers
This is an intensive one day course designed to introduce schools to all aspects of mindfulness. Delivered by a teacher with 13 years of classroom practice and mindfulness trained, for beginners and for more advanced practitioners.
There is the flexibility to tailor the content to fit the particular needs and interests of each school context, but in general the course will cover:
- An introduction to the etymology of mindfulness, its historical basis and contemporary ‘re-emergence’ and form in the UK; its popularity in schools, business and sport; its contribution to tackling mental health problems.
- The research basis for mindfulness, highlighting its efficacy in stimulating wellbeing; its benefits to physical and mental flourishing.
- The neuro-physiology of stress and how to catch automatic, unhelpful mind narratives that may hinder wellbeing.
- The applicability of mindfulness to both teachers and pupils.
- Experience of core mindfulness techniques. The importance of breath and body in enhancing wellbeing.
- Guidance about incorporating mindfulness into the everyday.
- Mindfulness in the classroom – creating calmer working environments.
- Q&A opportunities to address queries/concerns.
- Next steps: how to embed mindfulness in whole school practice and ethos.
The course is delivered in an engaging and fun manner, rigorous yet relaxed, in-depth yet not overwhelming. Enjoy a combination of interactive activities, discussion, theory, self-reflection, breathing and body focused practices and even mindful chocolate eating!
Date : PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR DATES AND ARRANGEMENTS FOR THE 2021 – 22 ACADEMIC YEAR.
Time : 9.30am –4.00pm
Cost : £190
Facilitated by : Scott Davenport