Let’s Talk About Race
A 2 hour online training session facilitated by Vini Lander, Professor of Race and Education at Leeds Beckett University in partnership with the Alliance for Learning.
This session will
- Develop participants knowledge and understanding about race and racism
- Support participants’ identification of their own starting points with respect to race and racism
- Develop participants to move from their identified starting points
- Support participants to identify actions to establish more inclusive institutional processes.
- Develop participants’ understanding of white privilege and how it manifests itself.
- Support participants to identify actions to decolonise the curriculum
- Starting points
- The Context: terminology and statistics
- Brief history of race in Britain
- Some theory
- Some research
- Why do we need change?
- Action and change
- Questions and discussion
Date : Dates for 2021/22 tbc
Time : 4.00 – 6.00pm
Via : Zoom
Cost : £25 per person
Speaker Biography – please click here to read more about Vini and her work.