Football CPD – FA Whistlers Course for Secondary School Teachers
Whistlers aims to help young people develop a basic understanding of football and refereeing, as well as an awareness and understanding for the need of figures of authority within sport and society. Children and young people can form significant, meaningful relationships with their sporting coaches, who can offer support as valuable, positive role models.
The programme helps assist in reducing conflict within school and engaging children with behavioural issues in positive diversionary activity. It also raises awareness of the principles of ‘fair play,’ and helps young people unify and enjoy the school environment, drawing on the importance and experiences of sport.
Learning outcomes for the session:
1. Develop an understanding of the target audience (11-14-year-old girls) and impact this training can have on them and others
2. Orientation around the training resources and student resource
3. Opportunity to understand activities to improve teacher confidence in delivery
4. Raise teacher understanding and confidence in Laws of the Game and FA Rules
5. Consider best delivery model for this content in your setting
Who should attend?:
Secondary school PE teachers – once teachers have completed the training the expectation is that they would then deliver the course to a minimum of 12 key stage 3 pupils in school from May – July.
PLEASE NOTE THIS TRAINING IS NOW FULLY BOOKED. Please check back for further dates.
Date: Thursday 6th May
Time: 3:30pm – 5:30pm
Cost: This session is FREE OF CHARGE
Venue: This session will be held online via Zoom, and the link will be shared with those in attendance prior to the session