Inference Training… Reading Really is Rocket Science!
Inference Training – Reading really is rocket science!
A 1 day professional learning course to enable teachers and teaching assistants to implement a high-quality, structured and evidence based reading comprehension intervention. This course will enable participants to deepen pedagogical understanding on reading theory and the myriad of barriers that hinder reading for pleasure.
• Strengthen subject knowledge around complex barriers to reading for meaning
• Increase sensitivity towards pupils who are struggling and influence higher-quality teaching interactions
• Use assessment to inform teaching and learning
• Raise attainment for all pupils and accelerate learning of identified pupils
• Raise attainment through planning, assessment and target setting
A 1 day course, split into 2 halves:
• am: Exploring theory and barriers to reading comprehension
• pm: Inference Training lesson structure
Dates for 2020-2021:
Thursday 1st July 2021 – 9:00am – 3:30pm
Venue: This training will be delivered online
Audience: English subject leaders, Reading leaders, KS2 Class Teachers, all KS3 teachers to prioritise disciplinary literacy and teaching assistants
Cost of training is:
£180 for the first delegate from each school (includes a resource file worth £80)
£100 for each additional delegate from the same school
For more information and to book a place please contact: Leah Freeman, email@example.com – Deputy Leader Oasis Innovation Teaching School/Accredited Inference Trainer/Boosting Reading National Leader/Reading Recovery Teacher Leader
This course is part of our exciting partnership with Oasis Innovation Teaching School Alliance.