PE & Sport Hub
Sport England’s ‘Active Lives Children and Young People Survey’ shows that around 3 million children (43.3%) lead active lives, however of that group, only 1.2 million (17.5%) are meeting the Chief Medical Officer’s guidelines of more than 60 minutes of activity a day, every day of the week.
In 2019, The Alliance for Learning were commissioned by Sport England as part of a £13.5m teacher training programme, to help foster a more positive attitude to physical education across the North West. Working with over 30 Secondary Schools across the region, we provide specialist training and events that will help educational providers improve physical health among young people, focusing on some of the least active demographics.
Intended outcomes of the project
- Children and Young People will experience a greater breadth of PE, sport and physical activity which should lead to better preparation for a positive future relationship with sport and physical activity
- Teachers will have more focus on helping children and young people feel capable and confident in their abilities
- An improved confidence and attitude in teachers to encourage children and young people to be physically active
- A reduction in the number of children and young people perceiving to have a poor experience of PE and sport in school
- A sustained positive change in the status of physical activity throughout the school