FAQs – Continuous Professional Development
What will be the CPD offer from Teaching School Hubs?
Teaching School Hubs will be the delivery arm for:
- Early Career Framework (ECF)
- National Professional Qualifications (NPQs)
- Initial Teacher Training (ITT)
- Appropriate Body (AB) services for Early Career Teachers
In terms of a wider CPD offer, Teaching Schools Hub will act as a ‘one-stop-shop’ by signposting to:
- DfE accredited and approved programmes
- Existing high quality CPD provision which is complementary to that of the Teaching School Hub
- Commission and design a CPD offer where there are gaps unmet by other CPD routes
Can other providers of CPD continue to offer their current CPD offer?
Other providers of CPD can of course continue to offer their current CPD. Teaching Schools Hub will act as a ‘one-stop-shop’ by signposting to high quality CPD provision. Anyone with a current CPD offer should engage with their local Teaching School Hub and begin a CPD discussion centred on evidence-based approaches which meet local need.